I’m going to squeeze all three of these remote start systems into the one review as they are all basically the same product, just with different remote options.
The 5606V comes with just a single one way remote which the other two models also have as standard. In addition the 5806V also has a two way LED remote, then there is the 5706V which comes with the two way LCD remote. So the 5706V is the top model listed here despite being middle in the number range!!!
All remote controls have 5 buttons and basic operation is nice and simple. Lock, unlock and start are all one press options so starting your vehicle is as simple as pressing the start button. The Viper remote start system can be configured to work with most vehicles, be they manual or automatic transmission. With manual vehicles it is necessary to go through a procedure when stopping the engine and arming the alarm to ensure that it is out of gear. If this is not followed then the remote start will not operate for safety reasons.
The Viper Remote Start can work with cars that have a factory transponder immobiliser, however will require a by-pass module at additional cost which it a subject I’ll go into more detail about another time.
The system can be fine tuned via the ESP2 port with a bit writer so programming things like a delay before cranking for glow plugs to warm up is an easy procedure.
It’s also possible to adjust how long the vehicle runs for and have the rear demister automatically turn on if the temperature is low.
5 Auxiliary Outputs
All Viper remote start systems are packed with a heap of programming options and 5 auxiliary outputs that can make for a fun customised installation.
Aux Zero (direct press of the Aux button) would normally be used for Trunk Release but can also be used as a 2nd unlock or Validity output.
Note: Validity means that the Aux output will be held on for as long as the button is being pressed (up to 20 Seconds)
Aux outputs 1 to 4 can be named from the following options:
- Left Sliding Door
- Right Sliding Door
- Rear Hatch
Aux outputs 1 to 4 can be programmed to do the following:
- Latch on and off
- Latched Reset with Ignition
- Timed Output (can be adjusted to the second between 1-90 seconds)
- 2nd Unlock
Aux outputs 1 to 4 can all be linked to do the following:
- Link to Arm
- Linked to Disarm
- Linked to Arm/Disarm
- Linked to Remote Start
- No Linking (just activated by the remote)
Examples of linking: Headlamps to turn on when remote starting or having the windows close when the alarm is armed.
Note: Extra parts may be required at additional cost for these features.
All models are SmartStart compatible via the Viper D2d port which gives you full control over your remote start alarm via your smart phone.
Digital Battery Back-up Siren
I’ve requested for all systems to come with the 1502T Data battery back-up siren rather then the over-ride key siren that all the models that end in VR come with. Horn honk is also an option as are internal screamers.
- Entry Level Remote Start Alarm
- Comes with 7656V one way 5 button remote
- Two way remote ready (two way remote not included)
Great option with Viper Smart Start
Suggested Installed Price: $850.00
- Two Way Remote Start Alarm
- Comes with 7656V one way 5 button remote and 7856V two way LED remote
Suggested Installed Price: $900.00
- Two Way Remote Start Alarm
- Comes with 7656V one way 5 button remote and 7756V two way LCD remote
Features common to all models:
- 600 metre range (up to1.5km range with 7756V & 7856V remote controls)
- New, slim 5-button remote control
- New Priority™ user interface with easy 2-car operation
- Control Center™ with integrated Status LED and Valet Switch
- Virtual Tach™ RPM sensing
- D2D serial data interface for Xpresskit D2D serial data interface modules
- XpressPort dock for Xpresskit docking serial date interface modules
- Flex Relays for remote start and light flash
- Manual Transmission Mode
- Car Finder
- Advanced remote start functions: Timer Start, Smart Start, RunTime Reset
- Failsafe® Starter Kill
- 1502T Data Siren (Obsessive Vehicle Security request)
- External Shock sensor (Not remote adjustable – tune pot adjust only)
- Warn-Away: low-volume, brief warning signal for questionable threats
- Inputs for doors, hood, and boot monitoring
- Progressive Door Trigger
- NPC™ Nuisance Prevention Circuitry software
- Silent Mode arming and disarming
- Ports for optional sensors
- Keyless entry with optional progressive driver’s unlocking
- Passive Keyless Entry
- 535T Window Closure
- Tilt Sensor
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- Glass Break Sensor
- Voice Siren