Cobra Alarm PIN Code Disarm

New Zealand Product Range

New Zealand Product Range

All of the current range of Cobra alarms feature an easy to enter over-ride PIN number to disarm the alarm in the even of a remote failure.
The PIN code is 4 digits which can be custom programmed to a number of the owner choice (remembering that there is no such digit as “0”).

The Video below shows how to enter the PIN number:

The Pin Number is also required to program new remote controls to the alarm which makes all Cobra alarms safe from remote cloning.

Cobra PIN code card to be kept in a safe place.

Cobra PIN code card to be kept in a safe place.

Full Instructions

a) Open driver’s door.

b) Enter alarm 4 digit Pin number one number at a time:

– Alarm buzzer and LED will sound/flash once at completion of each number **

– Repeat for remaining 3 numbers.

c) Correct Pin Code sounds a long beep/LED flash. **

– Alarm disarms

Note: ** The following Cobra alarms feature an alarm buzzer: AK4147, AK4198, AK4138. For all other alarms watch the flash on the LED on the control panel for confirmation.

These instructions work with the following Cobra alarm systems which have all been available in NZ:

• AB3868
  • AK3198
  • AK3193
  • AK4147
  • AK4138
  • AK4198
  • AK4218
  • AK4615
  • AK4625
  • AK4698
  • AK4908
  • AK4918.

This entry was posted in Cobra, Over-ride Codes, Trouble Shooting!. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Cobra Alarm PIN Code Disarm

1. Marko Markovski says:

I have purchased Cobra 4615 and I got pin code which I would like to change by myself. Please tell me how to enter a new one. Also they told me NOT to by back up siren because original one will continue to sound in the event of cutting the battery power ???
    I am not sure of that and I think I need Digital Battery Back-up Siren.
    Thank You very much in advance for Your Answer.

Hi Marko,

Your installer should have given you a user manual that comes on a CD. The instructions for changing the PIN number are contained there. If you don’t have the CD then ask the installer why they failed to give you a user manual!

The whole point of a battery back-up siren is for it to sound if the battery is disconnected!
    Your installer is clearly a Muppet!

3. Marko Markovski says:

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have found pin customization procedure on the CD but it requires to connect a blue wire to ground and then continue with the procedure so it needs to be done by the installer and I will enter a new pin.
    Regarding the siren, kit do contains Wireless back-up battery siren and installer claims that it will sound even if the battery is disconnected. I am not sure of that so that is the reason I asked should I buy another one ( picture from your link differs from the picture from this site )

Hi Marko,

As an installer part of my job involves explaining to each customer how the alarm system works. This includes things like changing the PIN number and answering any questions.

Why are you not going back to who ever sold you the alarm with these questions?

5. Nishant Sindhwani says:

Sir I forgot my pin code and remote I buy new remote but need pin to program , how to reset to default pin sir ?

Hi Nishant,

There is no reset. The only way to change the PIN number is if you have a the existing PIN number which is so the system can not be cheated. If you have the alarms serial number then you could try and contact Cobra for assistance.

I see you’ve also asked on my Facebook and You Tube channel, one attempt at contacting me is enough so please don’t do this again or you’ll get blocked.

7. Saiful Azman says:

Hi julian,

Last week i have lost all my keys with the remote my car.
    My car come with standard key immobiliser and separate alarm system this is COBRA alarm. But gladly i have a spare keys with the alarm remote. But im afraid if someone can disarm my car with the lost key. Should i change the alarm system ? Im really love this alarm. Because im careless i lost my key. Please advise.

Hi Saiful,

There is no need to change the alarm system. Go to your local Cobra dealer and get the remote re-coded. This will delete the stolen remote from the system. I’d recommend getting a spare at the same time.
    Note: You’ll need your alarms over-ride PIN number for this to be done.