The AK4218 is an upgrade alarm from Cobra which is designed exclusively for Toyota models that have a remote key. It replaces the discontinued AK4147 and is very similar to the brilliant Cobra AK4198. The main difference being is it works with the Toyota remote rather then a Cobra remote.
The great thing with the AK4218 is how it works. Where other upgrade alarms monitor the vehicles central system to arm/disarm, the AK4218 reads the Toyota remote signal. This makes the alarm able to be more user friendly as a second press of the lock button can disable the Ultrasonic sensors, and a third press can disable the optional PIR, Tilt sensor, Reed switch or Microwave sensor. Great for those times when you want to leave a window open or take the vehicle on a ferry for example.
The AK4218 comes with the excellent 4310 waterproof battery back-up siren and supports horn honk so is super loud.
The alarm will only work with Toyota models that have a traditional remote key so if you have a model with proximity locking and push to start then the AK4615 would be my suggestion. Alternatively contact me with your vehicle details and I’ll get back to you with some options.
A full list of compatible Toyota models can be found at the bottom of the post.
The Ultimate Toyota Upgrade Alarm
Obsessive Rating: Perfection!
Full control via the factory remote with better function control then most CAN-BUS alarms.
- Digital Battery Back-up Siren
- Horn Honk
- Door open upon arming warning chirps
- Ultrasonic Isolation via Toyota Remote
- Single Immobiliser * (if needed)
- Dash Mount LED Over-ride
- Diagnostic Fault Codes
- Additional Immobiliser via secure BUS line
- Additional Siren for internal protection
- Tilt Sensor
- Mircowave Sensor
- PIR Sensor
- Reed Switch
For post 2004 Toyota’s with a two, three or 4 button remote key
Confirmed to work with the following Toyota vehicles:
- Auris (E150) 2006-2012
- Corolla (E120) 2000-2006 * Late models
- Corolla (E140 Wagon) 2006-2012
- Corolla (E150 Hatch) 2006-2012
- Corolla (E160 Wagon) 2012-
- Corolla (E180 Hatch) 2012-
- Hiace 2005-2013
- Hiace 2014-
- Hilux (AN10, AN20) 2005-2015
- Hilux (Not SR5 models) 2015-
- Mark X 2004-2009
- Previa (XR50) 2006-
- Rav4 (XA30) 2006-2012
- Rav4 (XA40) 2013-
- Yaris (XP90) 2005-2010
- Yaris (XP130) 2011-2015
- Yaris (XP130 Face-lift) 2015-2017
- Yaris (XP130 2nd Face-lift) 2017-
All the above I have personally tested. If you have Toyota that is not on the list then I’d be more then happy to test and see if it will work with the AK4218.
Please contact me if you have any questions.